WORK WITH US
Care and Support Worker – Cheddar
Role type: Home Care
Salary: £10.90 - £11.50
Do you like to connect with people, make a difference and do the right thing?
Somerset Care is an award-winning not-for-profit provider of care across the South West. When people think about care, they think of the Somerset Care Group.
Here at Community Somerset, part of Somerset Care Group, in Burnham-On-Sea, Highbridge. Cheddar, Street and Glastonbury we deliver bespoke home care services. Also referred to as domiciliary care, our tailored service provides support to people within their own homes, out and about, with hobbies, or companionship.
Community Somerset recruit based on values – you do not need to have experience, as we provide all the training required!
You will need a UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle to apply.
Everything we do at Somerset Care is underpinned by our four core values: Connecting with people, Making a difference, Doing the right thing and Embracing change
So, if you tick these boxes and are looking for a secure part-time or full-time job, you’ve got everything you need to start training as a Care and Support Worker and start or continue your social care career.
As a valued employee, you’ll have access to a range of benefits:
- Full company induction, ongoing training to gain NVQ & Care qualifications plus the opportunity to start an Apprenticeship
- Guaranteed or flexible hours
- Full and part-time opportunities
- Enhanced pay for nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Mileage rate of 45p, plus MOT scheme & free breakdown cover 24/7
- Free DBS check and uniform
- Blue Light Card – provides access to more than 15,000 discounts from large national retailers to local businesses!
- Access to your earnings before payday via Wagestream
- Full provision of all necessary PPE
- Wellbeing support available, covering a wide range of support services and events.
- Reward and recognition – Bright Sparks, Somerset Care Group Awards, Long Service Awards
A Care and Support Worker is our most essential role and involves:
- Supporting our customers by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, preparing meals and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Providing companionship and making someone’s day that little bit easier.
- Understanding the care plan in place to support the customers we look after.
- Keeping clear and accurate records of the care and support provided at each visit.
- Ensuring our customers have eaten and are drinking enough to remain as healthy as possible.
- Working with the team around you to raise any concerns you have regarding our customers.
- Light domestic duties
- Manual Handling – For anyone that may be less mobile.
If you would like to have a chat with our friendly onboarding team, please call us on 01823 448321
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.