WORK WITH US
Specialist (Senior) Care and Support Worker – Taunton
Role type: Home Care
Do you like to connect with people, make a difference and do the right thing?
Somerset Care is an award-winning not-for-profit provider of care across the South West. When people think about care, they think of the Somerset Care Group.
As a Specialist Care and Support Worker, you will work closely with the Team Manager to support the team of Care and Support Workers.
All of our Specialist Care and Support Workers work together as part of a team to ensure we provide the best care possible to our customers. Our values and culture is what makes us different. It’s a culmination of all the things we do and the way we do them that makes us a very special company to work for.
A Specialist Care and Support Worker involves:
- Supporting our customers at times where extra support is required by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, preparing meals and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Mentoring and supporting a team of Care and Support Workers to deliver high quality care which enables our customers to remain in their own homes
- Undertaking quality monitoring visits, actioning any points raised, and updating the Team Manager where appropriate.
- Setting up and designing care and support packages including carrying out initial assessments and reviews to ensure that the care we provide is tailored to our individual customers’ needs and packages are accurate and continually reviewed and up dated.
- Providing standby cover for our out of hours service.
- Ensure that any concerns raised by the team are appropriately managed.
What you’ll need:
- To be passionate about making a difference
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a team
- Level 2 in Care or equivalent
- A background in care or similar environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good communication and organisations skills
- To work flexibly across shifts including weekends
- To be a car driver with valid driving licence
If you would like to have a chat with our friendly onboarding team, please call us on 01823 448321
We really care about our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- So Much More Rewarding – provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make So Much More Rewarding a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Excellent training & development opportunities with recognised qualifications.
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Free counselling service – 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- And so much more!
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.